One of our prestigious clients who are a privately owned company are seeking two Machine Operatives to join their team on a 12 week temporary to permanent basis.
- 2 x Nights Shifts: 7am – 7pm – Monday to Thursday (£10.50 per hour). Start and finish times may be staggered (based on staff count) – notice supplied on site if required.
The rate of pay may increase to £11 per hour when offered a permanent contract (based on individual performance and attendance levels within the first 12 to 13 weeks).
- Operating a variety of slitting / rewinding machines.
- Packing finished products, which includes wrapping, weighing and palletising goods.
- Ensuring data is accurately recorded using in-house computer system.
- Following Work Instructions and Customer Specifications.
- Working to a priority list and changing deadlines.
- Meeting / exceeding performance standards with regard to safety, waste and quality.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy environment.
- Any other duties as directed by your manager
- Actively getting involved with initiatives and projects
- To have an understanding of all procedures relevant to the role
- Slitting experience – Essential
- Regular manual handling + manual dexterity – Essential
- Flexibility to work days/nights and weekends – Essential
- Numerate / Literate – Essential
- Ability to work unsupervised – Essential
- IT Literate – Desirable
- Used to a busy factory environment – Desirable
- Candidates must be reliable, diligent and hard working.
- FLT / Pallet truck licence – Desirable
If you are interested in applying for this role please “apply” using the option below – alternatively please call Kris or Jamie at Major Recruitment on 01254 920800 if you have any queries surrounding these roles. You can also register in advance for future vacancies by completing the following registration form and selecting “Blackburn” and “Industrial / Manufacturing” on the first page of the form.