Major Recruitment are currently seeking a customer service coordinator from a manufacturing background to join our client in the Cleckheaton area.
To have a direct impact on sales and operations functions at the Company’s satellite facility; generating sales through efficient handling of potential customers and provision of a high level of service to existing customers.
The post holder will be required to work flexibly, it may be necessary to assist, or cover for, other sales staff from time to time.
Key Sales Tasks
- Provide a point of contact for new and potential customers to the business.
- Answer customer queries, developing SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timed) working practices to handle queries more efficiently.
- Prepare quotations and provide technical advice on the companies product range to ensure that specific customer application problems are resolved.
- Log information on calls received, where required and maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Be proactive in the monitoring and analysis of quotation progress, ascertaining the reason if an order is not placed.
- Process all orders in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain regular contact and a high level of service with existing customers. Look for ways to develop the portfolio of products they purchase.
- Deal with all customer complaints in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Participate in meetings, conferences, and project team activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
Key Health & Safety / Housekeeping Tasks
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety, and quality management.
- Ensure that housekeeping in the customer service area is maintained to high standards.
Key Wider Duties
- Work on key improvement projects that will affect the customer service area and enhance the service offered by our client in the market.
- Other duties within your scope which are deemed necessary by the business in order for you to effectively complete the job.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
Experience / Skills – Essential
- Computer literate – Word, Excel, Outlook and Data Entry
- Communication skills: verbal (including good telephone manner) & written
- Problem solving skills
- Experience of working in a similar role such as Sales or Customer Service would be advantageous
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Able to work alone
Experience / Skills – Desirable
- Autocad drawing
- QAD trained
- Salesforce experience
Educated to ‘GCSE’ level or equivalent standard
- Personal work planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Persuading and Influencing
- Meeting Customer Expectations