£11.03 – £22.06 per hour
Houghton Le Spring
Temp to Perm
Major Recruitment is recruiting Production Operators in partnership with Lear, a global automotive technology leader in Seating and E-Systems, is Making every drive better™ by delivering intelligent in-vehicle experiences for customers around the world.
Lear’s diverse team of talented employees in 38 countries is driven by a commitment to innovation, operational excellence, and sustainability as we live our values to Be Inclusive, Be Inventive, and Get Results the Right Way.
Lear has over 100 years’ experience and has earned a reputation for excellence through building a future on innovation. They are a global automotive technology leader in Seating and E-Systems.
With a large order book and growing product base, they are looking to recruit candidates who are available to start immediately, in their modern factory facility
As a Production Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Producing seats for use in the automotive seating systems using several specialist tools including air tools, spray guns, hog rings etc.
- Working on a variety of machines producing various components used in seating systems
- You will be required to carry out visual quality expectations on your own work.
- You will be working to strict health and safety procedures
- Working as part of a large team to ensure the smooth running of the manufacturing plant.
This role will be working either a 2 or a three-shift pattern and you must be flexible to work all shifts and mandatory overtime as and when required.
- Days – £11.03 – £22.06 per hour
- Lates – £12.79 – up to £18.31 per hour
- Nights – £15.33 – up to £20.85
Days: 7am – 3:10pm
Lates: 3:00pm – 11:15pm
Nights: 11:00pm – 07:05am
Days: 6.45am – 3.00pm or 7.00am – 3.15pm
Lates: 4.20pm – 00.35am or 4.35pm – 00.45am
When applying, please specify whether you are interested in the 2 or 3 shift pattern.
Previous experience within a similar role is desirable however not essential as a thorough training plan is provided, you must have a strong work ethic and be willing to learn and implement a variety of new skills.
Why should you apply?:
- Competitive pay rates
- Competitive shift premiums
- Long term on-going training
- Permanent work opportunities (subject to a qualifying period)
- Summer and Winter factory shutdowns
- Subsidised onsite canteen
- Free tea and coffee provision
- Free onsite carpark
- Free feminine hygiene products
- Lockers and storage facilities for personal belongings
- Regular Welfare and wellbeing days and events