Major Recruitment Oldbury are delighted to be recruiting for a professional manufacturing organisation in the Stourport-On-Severn area who are seeking an experience Buyer to start immediately.
This role is fully office based and DOES NOT offer remote/ hybrid working options
Duties and tasks will include:
- Work with suppliers and influence stakeholders to drive delivery of procurement objectives.
- Support development and implementation of innovation strategy.
- Deliver KPI’s relating to cost, cash, quality, service and continuity of supply for the portfolio.
- Understand market and analyse trends to be able to make informed buying decisions for the business.
- Understanding business requirements and structuring agreements to meet those requirements.
- Minimise risk to continuity of supply by carrying out supplier risk assessments, supplier audits and implementing corrective actions as required.
- Conducting market tenders and managing the evaluation across a cross-functional team to determine supplier selection.
- Ensure all procurement activity is carried out in line with internal policy and procedure.
Candidates welcome to apply for the role will have the following:
- A minimum 3 years experience within a procurement role, preferably within a manufacturing organisation
- IT literate with knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
- Knowledge of internal business procedure and processes
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to build good working Relationships with Suppliers & Internal Customers
- Excellent attention-to-detail
- Ability to work in a fast pace, changing environment
- Level 4 CIPS or willingness to Study for CIPS
Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 8am to 4.30pm and a 1pm finish on a Friday.
Free parking is available.