A Senior Buyer / Purchasing Team Leader with good management and leadership skills is sought to join a successful Purchasing team within a dynamic Manufacturing facility.
Your key responsibilities will be
- To act as the Supply Chain first point-of-contact for the Manufacturing team and represent Supply Chain team interests in interactions with Operations & Engineering teams.
- Maintain supply relationships with vendors employing supply chain management techniques to ensure the timely and cost-effective supply of goods and services.
- Supervision of all buyer activities, ensuring workload is well balanced and that the team continues to be effective.
- Continuously evaluate and improve buying processes to reduce waste and increase productivity. Direct responsibility for the placing of discrete (MRP) purchase orders and the processing of supplier order acknowledgments, updating of blanket purchase orders (BPO) and triggering Kanban pulls (e-KB) for printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA) in conjunction with the Commodity Manager.
- Ensure completion of daily MRP output with due consideration given to maximising delivery schedule, keep the system updated with accurate pricing and lead time data.
- Analyse and evaluate quotations submitted in response to RFQ requests to ensure that quality, capability, and costs are satisfactory to meet targets.
- Assertively seek and recommend cost savings possibilities based upon new sources introduced by commodity managers, substitutions/alternatives, improved systems, or new items. Contribute to stock optimisation tasks as part of stock reduction effort.
- Ensure uninterrupted product / material flow
- Close liaison and active contribution with Planning, Sales, Engineering and Manufacturing disciplines (team approach).
You will need extensive purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment with a good knowledge of MRP and Kanban systems. You will also need a proven track record in the buying of printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA). A good understanding of the PCBA manufacturing process is a distinct advantage due to the complexity involved in it. Proven ability to develop strategic supplier relationships, solve problems creatively, and apply critical thinking skills is essential as are strong negotiation skills. Ability to collaborate & influence across departmental lines. You will also need an understanding and commitment to environmental issues and be skilled in supply chain greening.
A CIPS qualification is an advantage but not essential
This is an excellent opportunity to lead a dynamic purchasing team and progress your career.
Please call Adam Jones at Major Recruitment or click Apply Now if you are interested in this exciting role