Major Recruitment Ltd are currently recruiting for an experienced Payroll Executive (Payroller) to work within a busy and fast paced office on behalf of our clients based in York!
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Payroll Executive to join our clients growing Payroll Bureau. Candidates will ideally have prior experience of working within a payroll bureau, however we will consider candidates who don’t have bureau experience but have strong payroll skills and knowledge.
The role offers an ambitious individual the opportunity to build on their existing experience by managing a portfolio of clients and running weekly and monthly payrolls
- Processing end to end payroll for 50-60 small clients/20-25 large clients
- Look after a portfolio of payroll clients
- Take full responsibility for the end to end processing of the payrolls including the pension and auto enrolment administration attached to those payrolls.
- Maintain the payroll system and records by capturing, calculating and inputting data.
- Calculate all payments including statutory and occupational sick pay, and maternity and parental leave.
- Using IRIS payroll and SAGE
This role is a permanent role to start urgently.
The working hours are 37.5hrs per week, Monday to Friday full time in the York office for the first 3 months (training).
After 3 months – Hybrid working 3 days in the office and 2 days from home.
In order to be considered for this role you will meet the follow: –
- IRIS or Sage experience
- CIPP qualification preferred but not essential (may consider study support for the right candidate)
- Literate with payroll/IT systems
- Used to a busy and fast-paced payroll environment
- End to end payroll experience
- Ideally bureau experience but not essential
- Strong client payroll experience essential however, if not from a practice background (min 2 years)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
£21,000 – £27,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Exceptional company benefits such as increased holiday allowance, life assurance, professional subscription discounts, pension, cycle to work, extensive L&D opportunities and study support – and much more!
Major Recruitment act as an Employment Agency for permanent roles and an Employment Business for temporary opportunities