UP TO £45,000 (DOE) + PRIVATE HEALTHCARE
FULL TIME, PERMANENT
Hamilton Woods Associates have been retained by a fantastic start up utilities business (SME) who are looking for a Company Accountant. The role will see the successful candidate working for a rapidly growing, award-winning, productivity, safety and wellbeing-focused technology organisation in a career-defining position.
The Company Accountant will working closely with the CEO and COO and will have accountability for managing the company finances and ensuring their internal control framework is best in class and ready for business growth. You will collaborate with industry-renowned leaders, offering an unmissable opportunity for an astute, financial accountant to accelerate their career.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own the production of their annual statutory accounts and develop strong relationships with external auditors
- Continual development and implementation of an Internal Control Framework that meets the current and future requirements of the UK Financial Reporting Council
- Lead the preparation of monthly management accounts and support the leadership team in using the information to drive business performance
- Manage quarterly VAT return processes and all Companies House and National Statistic returns
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and focus on managing their cashflow forecast
- Lead the production of annual budgets and work with the leadership team to update their multi-year business plan on an as required basis.
- Lead the sales & purchase ledger administration and ensure that appropriate internal control are in place. Drive a strong focus on debt management from customers and ensure that vendors are paid on time.
- Qualified by experience or an ACCA / CIMA finalist
- Familiar with Accounting software such as SAGE or Xero
- Able to communicate confidently with business leaders / owners / managers and external stakeholders
- High energy, collaboration with a growth mindset, and good communication skills. You figure out how to get tasks done with maximum efficiency
- Inquisitive nature. You want to understand the product and industry that they are working in, to help get behind the numbers
If you would like to apply for the Company Accountant position, please get in contact with your CV and current package details to email@example.com