Statutory, VAT & Regulatory Reporting Accountant
Up to £48,000 p/a + Bonus + Up to 10% Pension employer contribution
Full time, Permanent
Hamilton Woods Associates are working with an exclusive client based in the West Midlands that are expanding within their broad finance team. The Statutory, VAT & Reporting Accountant works across multiple disciplines and functions due to the nature of this multi-faceted business.
The Statutory, VAT & Reporting Accountant will be responsible for the preparation and the submission of both UK and Overseas legal entity statutory reporting under local GAAP (including but not restricted to IFRS, UK GAAP and Swiss GAAP amongst others) and other regulatory reporting where required locally.
The role will act as a key contact between the business and external authorities and auditors to resolve queries and issues. The role will also act as support and cover for the VAT returns preparation and submission (including corresponding payments to local authorities across the EAME region); related balance sheet account reconciliations (VAT and Current Tax) and monthly intrastats reporting.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Timely preparation and submission of statutory reporting in accordance with local GAAP
- Key point of contact between the business and local authorities
- Establish strong relationship with tax team and external tax advisors
- Managing the relationship with external auditors
- Timely preparation and submission of VAT returns and corresponding preparation of paperwork for payment
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations to a very high standard
- Completion of intrastats reporting and other regulatory reporting
- Supporting the manager with common processes, to drive efficiency and quality improvements within team
- Supporting the manager and team with other adhoc projects as and when required.
- A relevant professional accounting qualification (ACA).
- Understanding of overseas legislation/ requirements (including international VAT compliance)
- Technical understanding of local GAAP vs US GAAP
- Dealing and managing stakeholders remotely (dealing with stakeholders whose first language may not be English)
- Knowledge of the business to assist with the analytical review process and preparing complex balance sheet reconciliations.
If you would like to apply for this Statutory, VAT & Reporting Accountant role, please get in contact with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org