TAX MANAGER – UK, IRE & NORDICS (MAT COVER)
UP TO £70,000 (DOE) + EXTENSIVE BENEFITS
SOLIHULL, WEST MIDS (HYBRID)
FULL TIME, FIXED TERM
Hamilton Woods Associates are currently recruiting for one of their American-owned clients who are looking for a Tax Manager on a FTC basis, covering maternity leave.
Reporting to the Manager Tax EMEA and matrix to the Controller UK, Ireland and Nordics, the Tax Manager UK, Ireland and Nordics is responsible for all tax (accounting) related matters specific to UK, Ireland and Nordics. In addition, the person is responsible for SOX compliance, will assist in the management of the Defined Benefits pension scheme and will assist the Controlling team on ad hoc projects. The position interacts internally with various departments and externally with auditors and advisors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all taxes for the UK, Irish and Nordics companies are properly calculated, accounted and disclosed in accordance with US GAAP, SEC and local GAAP rules. Ensure that adequate Sox and other controls are implemented in this respect.
- Prepare all monthly, quarterly and annual tax reporting packages and other tax reporting for the UK, Irish and Nordics companies.
- Ensure the monthly forecasts / annual Operating Plan reflect the proper amount of future tax expense & cash out for the UK, Irish and Nordics companies.
- Monthly prepare and provide information to allow EY to prepare the monthly UK VAT returns, review the draft VAT returns and reconciliation of the filed VAT returns to the VAT accounts.
- Work on PAYE accrual/payment, PAYE settlement agreement, Taxed Award Scheme, Pension contribution reconciliation
- Support the Controller UK, Ireland and Nordics in the statutory audit process with respect to all tax matters.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting (tax) is required; a CPA, another recognized accounting qualification or other advanced degree is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of tax experience, with at least 2 year relevant local & US GAAP tax accounting experience.
- Big four and/or US multinational company experience a plus.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, local GAAP and local tax legislation.
- Strong research skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
If you would like to apply for the Tax Manager position, please get in contact with your CV and current package details to firstname.lastname@example.org