A Manufacturing / Process Engineer is needed to take responsibility for process monitoring and process improvement within a busy manufacturing plant
Working within the Engineering team your responsibilities will include liaising with relevant departments on development and implementation of improvements to processes, managing the introduction of new equipment including writing technical specifications, liaising with supplier, installing, and commissioning and the mechanical design of tooling and fixtures
You will also carry out the following activities: –
- Lead and manage various lean manufacturing-related projects.
- Investigate and implement opportunities for improvement in terms of cost reduction and process improvements.
- Provide data analysis and data capture in support of process improvements.
- Lead cross functional project teams to deliver on objectives.
- Provide day to day support for the automated and manual processes including problem solving and fault-finding.
- Develop and perform experimental process tests with respect to quality, method, cost, etc.
- Create and manage process documentation such as PFMEA, control plans and operating instructions.
- Develop and implement metrics to monitor and improve performance of processes.
The ideal candidate will have a HND / Degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical, Manufacturing, Production or Process Engineering or similar discipline). You will need previous experience within manufacturing and automation with any automotive experience or knowledge of IATF16949:2016 standards an advantage.
You will need to be able to demonstrate a proven use of Lean Manufacturing methodologies, APQP, Control Plan, PFMEA, Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma etc, be able to interpret technical drawings and draw-up fixtures and tooling in CAD. (Inventor/ Solidworks) and have previous experience of managing capital projects (CAPEX) and leading project teams. Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently are essential as are excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and expanding manufacturing business with good career prospects and benefits available.
If you would like to excel in a varied and interesting engineering role please call Adam Jones at Major Recruitment or click Apply Now to send your CV and I will respond promptly