We are currently looking for Computer Operatives for our client based in Sittingbourne for an immediate start.
The position is Full time (40 hours), Monday to Friday, Start time 8am. This is an ongoing position with the opportunity for the right candidate to become permanent after 12 weeks.
In this role, you will be responsible for the accurate transcription of data from various media types to digital storage, as well as the outputting of digital data to other media types. It requires strong computer skills. Industry specific training will be provided to the successful applicant.
You will receive the following rate per hour (PAYE):
Normal duties will include (but not exclusive)
- Distinguish between various data formats and media types in order to format/convert data.
- Transcribe data using various media, drives and software.
- Check data against media labels and indexed information.
- Update internal applications with comments and billing information for each job.
- Use tape cleaning devices to clean tapes (9-tracks) prior to reading.
- Ensure daily goals, as set by supervisor and team lead, are met.
- Strong computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Familiar with both Linux and Windows environments
- Ability to lift up to 23kg and adhere to company safety standards.
- Strong communication Skills, both written and verbal.
- Team oriented
If you are interested please apply now!