£31,350 – £36,200 + car allowance
We are currently working on behalf of a social housing provider to recruit for a Repairs Surveyor on a permanent basis.
The successful postholder will be responsible for the survey, design, planning, co-ordination, and supervision of work on specified repairs, adaptations and programmes of work delivered by the inhouse team and those sub-contracted externally.
Responsibilities of the Repairs Surveyor include:
- Holding responsibility for the survey, design, planning and co-ordination and supervision of work on specified repairs, adaptations and programmes of work.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance on delivered works including providing reports, photographs and information
- Proactively discussing the general property condition including any reported repairs with the customer and offering advice on home management
- Producing written reports giving clear recommendations for planned repair programmes reducing the volume of responsive repairs being completed
- Ensuring all data and information captured is recorded appropriately and correspondence is provided to customers in written format
- Providing specific advice to internal works teams and contractors with regards to Health & Safety, technical specifications, estimates and labour requirements relating to works
- Ensuring budget considerations and value for money are taken into account when specifying works
- Identifying any risks or emergency circumstances that require an immediate and proactive response
- Providing clear, accurate, detailed and concisely written reports
- Completing technical drawings and providing any clarity as required prior and during works on site
- Ensuring CDM Regulations are fully met and adhered to.
Requirements of the Repairs Surveyor:
- HNC in construction or equivalent (preferred)
- Evidence of training in relation to the Housing Health & Safety Rating System (HHSRS)
- Evidence of training in relation to the CDM Regulations
To be considered for this exciting role, please contact Bethan Hall -Associate Director, at Hamilton Woods on 01509 276158 or apply online with a covering note of your experience and suitability referencing the job ID number. Due to the exceptionally high level of applications if you have not heard back from HWA within 7 – 10 days, it is regrettable that we cannot reply to everyone with feedback directly and please assume you have been unsuccessful