Group Statutory Accountant
Up to £48,000 (DOE)
Full time, Permanent
Hamilton Woods Associates are working with a ‘FTSE 100 Group’ client that need a Qualified Group Statutory Accountant.
The Group Statutory Accountant will be a key member of the Statutory Reporting team designed to provide accurate and timely information internally and externally with responsibility for IFRS 16 reporting in a multinational, FTSE 100 group, including preparation and consolidation of data.
Alongside the accounting of leases, the role will involve the monthly reporting of capital expenditure across the Group, including budget vs actual analysis (pre and post IFRS 16) and statutory reconciliations back to the general ledger.
- Preparation of group IFRS 16 numbers on a monthly basis including reconciliations of the IFRS 16 assets, liabilities, and charges.
- To maintain the IFRS 16 lease models for the UK and Ireland estates (3000+ leases). Responsibilities will include liaising with the property team and divisions to understand the changes, updating the models and preparing the accounting entries.
- To assist in the preparation of IFRS 16 budgeting, including capex, debt and profit and loss charges.
- Key point of contact for divisions and external auditors on IFRS 16 related matters.
- To prepare monthly capital expenditure reports for the Group, involving working with the local divisions to obtain their figures and reconcile the reports to the ledger.
- To review monthly capital expenditure reports against the budget and provide commentary to support monthly board reporting.
- To design and implement a monthly group statutory fixed asset note process as part of the wider group consolidation process.
- Preparation of group tangible and intangible fixed assets notes monthly.
Key Skills & Education
- Qualified accountant (ACA)
- Advanced IFRS 16 knowledge
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience of Oracle Cloud Financials (Fusion)
If you would like to apply for this Group Statutory Accountant role, please get in contact with your CV and current package details to email@example.com