Major Recruitment are delighted to be supporting one of Europe’s leading self-storage businesses based in Peterlee. Our clients aim is to design, manufacturer and install solutions for their clients. Although you will be based in the North-east you will be apart of a world wide organisation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual at an associate level to join a growing department within the company. This is a great opportunity if you are looking to progress from an manufacturing background whilst collaborating with an friendly team.
Please be advised NEBOSH is desirable AND GradIOSH is overqualified for this role, therefore you will not be considered.
- Coordinating and completing documents relating to Health and Safety to ensure simplicity, consistency and accessibility
- Assisting with CDM activities where Janus Europe is the Principal Contractor
- Monthly and quarterly reports, and any ad hoc reporting required
- Keeping up with current Health and Safety legislation, news and developments
- Keeping individual CPD up to date
- Developing and maintaining standards across Janus International Europe sites Health and Safety management programmes and systems in written format and recording and through face to face contact, communication and team briefing.
- Supporting line management in delivering Health and Safety objectives.
- Undertaking training of employees and ensure that the appropriate standards are achieved and maintained.
- Advising and assisting line management with the implementation of new or existing Health and Safety related legislation, rules and Company standards to include fire prevention, health and safety awareness training, site inspections of Company and Client sites.
- Completing inspections on a regular basis and ensure records are maintained.
- Liaising with Heads of Departments and/or Line Managers coordinating training plans.
- Assisting in retaining all current Health and Safety accreditations and work towards the attainment of new Health and Safety accreditations. Advises line management in Production, Office and Client Sites of health safety matters and manages this process to ensure all advice is incorporated into day to day processes and operations.
- Providing support and expertise to line management in incident investigation and reporting (including dangerous occurrences and occupational diseases).
- Facilitating all forms of risk assessment e.g. general, manual handling, COSHH, fire prevention.
- Assisting in arrangement of occupational health and safety with third party practitioners.
- Assisting with tender/submission documentation.
- Undertaking any ad hoc projects/tasks as requested by the HSQ Manager
- Excellent communicator at all levels, both verbal and written
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel
- Minimum two years in a full-time health and safety role within a manufacturing environment
- Organised, with an attention to detail and comfortable with working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- NEBOSH required if from a health and safety background
- Experience in a quality manufacturing role (desirable)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft forms (desirable)
- Experience with the production of metal finished goods (desirable)
Should you require more information on the role above, please contact caitlyn on 01325 468 780 or email@example.com