We are looking for an experienced procurement professional to join our buying team. The role will report into the Procurement Director and be responsible for Direct ( Ingredients) and some Utilities
- Own the Procurement process, negotiation and vendor management in relevant categories- Egg, dairy, Oils, Butter, Chocolate ec
- Negotiating, drafting and completing contractual terms for projects and works within the spend Category, in line with key requirements
- Complete commercial negotiations through to contract award or amendment
- Own the development of category strategies including research and analysis (spend analysis, make vs. buy, cost benchmarking, risk management & mitigation etc.) to identify category saving opportunities and develop strategic category plans.
- Undertake the identification & execution of cost avoidance / saving initiatives and develop cost reduction plans
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and establish requirements in relevant categories.
- Cultivate and manage key supplier relationships for long term strategic positioning where relevant
- Forecast cost movement projections for input to the budgeting process
- Provide expertise and guidance on Procurement to wider business.
What we’re looking for
- Degree level calibre, with minimum 3 years of formal strategic sourcing/category management experience.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal; Able to communicate effectively and in a structured way at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience of achieving significant savings, both through major initiatives and continuous improvement (on an annual basis).
- Good stakeholder management skills at a senior level.
- Good ability to develop relationships and challenge difficult stakeholders.
- Undertaking multiple concurrent strategic sourcings in complex matric organisations.
- Strong with Microsoft (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Proficient with vlookups and pivot tables