Would you like to work in a role that you can really progress and grow?
Do you have experience in an IT support environment?
Is working as part of a team important to you?
If so, we are recruiting for an IT Technician
- 37.5 hours Monday – Friday
- Free Parking
You will be an ambitious person, willing to work your way up in an IT Support environment. Your main responsibilities will be to provide Desktop Support and Server Administration within a Customer Service Centre environment. The ideal person will possess good hands-on technical skills covering business desktop computing and server administration with an understanding of TCP/IP networking and telecoms.
Requirements of the Role:
- Experience in an IT support environment including first line;
- Ability to support a wide range of desktop applications across Windows and Mac, primarily Microsoft products;
- Experience of MS server 2012 administration (Active Directory, group policies, roaming profiles, DHCP, DNS, DFS);
- Knowledge of networking equipment (e.g. firewalls, switches, structured cabling, patch panels and an understanding of TCP/IP principles);
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain hardware across a variety of workstations;
- Understanding of security principles within an office IT environment;
- An understanding of VoIP system administration;
Personal Qualities and Specific Skills:
- Confident individual with good interpersonal skills, able to deal with people at all levels and communicate to users in a clear, non-technical language;
- Ability to identify priorities and multitask based on business requirements; good time management to complete support requests within the required scope;
- Ability to deal with multiple issues simultaneously;
- Positive and forward thinking approach to new initiatives;
- Takes ownership and responsibility of appointed tasks;
- Happy to work autonomously and able to problem solve independently;
- Flexible and adaptable to a variety of queries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to day support of the office IT and VoIP systems;
- Support and maintenance of servers and infrastructure to ensure they work effectively across the business;
- Provide IT helpdesk support:
- Setting up new users
- Moving and setting up workstations, including cabling
- Password resets and account unlocking (through Active Directory)
- Setting up and installing IT equipment in the office
- Troubleshooting system issues and resolving walk-in IT queries
- Maintaining antivirus (ESET) and software security;
- Monitoring backup schedules and coordinate daily back up routines both locally and to Amazon S3;
- Ensure high availability of all IT systems and infrastructure;
- Windows updates and application updates;
- Out-of-hours support on rotation;
- Maintaining a disaster recovery plan and ensuring business continuity with the available resources;
- Ensuring system and policy changes are fully documented and kept up to date;
- Facilities management and building support where required;
- Ad hoc IT related tasks.
To apply for this or any other IT role please get in touch.
“Major Recruitment act as an Employment Agency for permanent roles and an Employment Business for temporary opportunities”