What’s on offer for a Press Setter Operator?
- Salary: £24,400 per annum
- 2 shift rotation : 6am-2:30pm / 2:30pm – 11pm
- Permanent Contract
- A warm and friendly working environment
- Full training and career progression
- Full onsite training
- Free onsite parking
My client is a well-established, manufacturer based in County Durham. With a rich history, they have an impeccable reputation for the quality of service and products they deliver. With sites established across the world and a strong order book and exciting growth plans for 2022, they are now looking to strengthen their team. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Press Setter / Operator to join their team on a Permanent basis.
This is an exciting time to join an established, passionate team that are constantly striving to improve their capabilities and services for the business.
This opportunity as a Press Setter, gives you the chance to work with one of the most successful manufacturers in the region.
As a Press Setter, you will join a rotating shift system: Monday to Friday 6:00am-2:30pm / 2:30pm-11:00pm
Press Setter / Operator Duties:
- An ability to forward think and problem solve by having an understanding of the process, equipment and the products used
- Ability to set and operate the press section of the production line
- Self-motivated and work towards achieving set KPI’s
- Able to work well within a team and as an individual within the manual operation of the lay-up area
- Ability to learn and follow quality expectations/standards
- Punctual, self-conscious and willing to be flexible, including overtime
- Able to work any required shifts, with the correct notice period
- Ability to scan job travellers and follow basic computer system
Press Setter / Operative Role Requirements:
- Previous experience working in a factory environment – Essential
- Must be able to work two shift pattern – Essential
- Machining experience on presses or similar – Essential
- Understanding & follow work instructions
- Understand risk assessments and COSHH assessments
- Wood machining background -desirable
- Operator level skills of worktops or similar products from blank to finished product desirable