A Project Engineer with a background in NPI Projects and Manufacturing Engineering is sought by a growing manufacturing company in the Tyneside area.
The role will be responsible for NPI Engineering tasks as allocated by the NPI Director, including the management and implementation of selected Improvement projects relating to New Product Introduction, Production processes and Machinery. Duties will also include
- Working with the business development and product design teams to determine suitable manufacturing processes.
- Control and implementation of engineering change requests, participate in project reviews and manage projects where required.
- Responsibility for the evaluation, introduction and proving of new methods.
- Specify, evaluate and recommend machinery & equipment for new processes
- Develop new processes to improve quality, cost, delivery, environment
- Prepare training packages and instruct personnel in the use of new equipment, methods or systems.
- The creation and control of master data within the MRP system, including materials, BOMs and Routes
The successful candidate will ideally have a HND / Degree, in an Engineering discipline with experience of working within a change-led manufacturing environment. Certification to Six Sigma Green Belt level is also needed. Good project management skills are essential as you will often have short-lead times to implement process changes. The ability to lead and manage manufacturing change is essential as are strong communication and interpersonal skills and a good attention to detail.
If you would like more information on this exciting and challenging role please call Adam Jones at Major Recruitment or click Apply Now to send your CV