What’s on offer for the Quality Technician?
- Competitive annual salary
- A Permanent Contract!!
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Full product training
- Genuine career development
- Free staff parking
- Staff canteen
My Client is well established, industry leading Engineering company. Based in Country Durham, they have seen year on year success, with further growth plans for 2022. They offer a range of services from Design through to Manufacturing. This has given the company opportunities to service a multitude of sectors, with a diverse client base stretching across the globe. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quality Technician to join their team on a Permanent basis.
This opportunity gives you the chance to work with one of the most respected companies in the North-East. They offer not only an excellent package, but more importantly in todays world, job security.
The role will be to cover a day shift: Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 5:00pm and Friday 8am – 12:30pm
Your primary responsibility is to carry out ISIR’s on all new products.
Quality Technician Main Duties:
- Quality checking of all new finished products against engineering drawings
- Use of measuring equipment
- Investigating customer complaints and identifying corrective actions
- Investigation of internal rejects
- Provide support and training to the manufacturing teams
- Generate SOP’s for shop floor inspectors
- Record all findings with corrective actions
- Weekly meetings with management
Quality Technician Role Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a Quality related role gained in sheet metalwork, engineering or similar environment
- Competent in the use of all types of basic measuring equipment
- Experience in the use of a Faro measuring arm
- Able to read/interpret engineering drawings
- Knowledge/understanding of geometric tolerancing
- Computer literate
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Possess the ability to work on own initiative
- Keen to undertake training to learn new skills