Finance Officer – Local Government
£26,446 to £30,095 (DOE)
Full time, Permanent
Hamilton Woods are exclusively recruiting a Finance Officer for their Local Government based client in Staffordshire that will predominantly provide support and advice across a range of financial services due to additional workload.
The Finance Officer will lead the process for reconciling the transactions in both Councils’ bank accounts, allocating unidentified payments made to the Councils, liaising with other services in respect of payments made and other financial work as required by Members and Officers of both Councils and in areas specified from time to time by the Accountant (Exchequer Services), and other Senior Finance Officers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To assist in the preparation of appropriate income and bank reconciliation procedures and guidelines and constantly review working practices to ensure that they are fit for purpose and cost effective.
- Document and maintain up to date accurate procedure notes and guidelines relating to banking and bank reconciliation on the Councils’ shared drive.
- To assist with planning for future banking arrangements and income management systems and implementing new technologies as appropriate.
- To assist with the financial evaluation, monitoring and control of the banking contract over its 5-year life and to undertake relevant assignments as applicable.
- Manage both Councils’ bank accounts including maintenance of authorised signatories and for the Councils.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations – reconciling what is paid from and received to the Councils’ bank accounts with the finance system for each authority within 10 working days of month end.
The successful candidate:
- Essential: AAT L3 as a minimum
- Essential: Experience of working in a financial environment.
- Essential: Practical experience of at least 2 of the following: income management, systems development, bank reconciliation, budget monitoring, producing financial information for financial and non-financial managers.
- Desirable: Experience of public sector finance.
If you would like to apply for this Finance Officer role, please get in contact with your CV attached to email@example.com