Call/email Alisdair at School Staffing Solutions Recruitment to get an application form and to receive a full job description
This school is part of a UK wide group of 28 Special Needs Schools.
They have an amazing benefits and training scheme.
Administrator – Special Needs School & Children’s Home
Location: Meldreth, Nr. Royston Salary: £25,272 – £27,331 per annum
Hours: 40 hours per week, 52 weeks a year Contract: Permanent
This Group is an innovative provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities.
They are currently looking for an Administrator to support the Care teams.
This unit provides education, care and therapeutic support for children aged 6-19 years and young adults aged 18 – 30 years with severe and profound communication, cognitive and physical difficulties associated with conditions such as cerebral palsy, autism, brain injury and degenerative disorders.
To provide confidential administrative support to the Care Management Team.
To ensure the smooth running of administrative processes.
To work collaboratively with all other teams.
- Administrative Support:
- Manage the day-to-day administrative operations of the Residential Home, including but not limited to, record-keeping, filing, and correspondence.
- Coordinate and support the administrative needs of the staff, including scheduling, meetings, and communication.
- Data Management:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of the young people, including personal information and care plans.
- Ensure compliance with data protection regulations and confidentiality standards.
- Financial Administration:
- Assist in managing financial records, including invoicing, budget tracking, and personal allowance management.
- Support the management team in financial reporting and procurement processes.
- Serve as a point of contact for external stakeholders, including parents, guardians, social workers, and regulatory bodies.
- Facilitate effective communication within the organisation, ensuring that information is disseminated to relevant parties in a timely manner.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Assist in maintaining compliance with relevant regulations, standards, and policies, including safeguarding procedures and health and safety requirements.
- Support the coordination of inspections and audits, ensuring that necessary documentation is readily available.
- Support for Staff:
- Assist in the recruitment process by coordinating interviews and supporting onboarding procedures.
- Provide administrative support to the staff team, including arranging training sessions and maintaining compliance records.
Duties will vary and you must expect to lend a hand wherever is required, this is a busy role that will require the ability to multitask.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact professionally with diverse stakeholders.
- Good level of literacy and numeracy (at least 5 GCSEs above C (or equivalent) to include English and Maths).
- Proven experience in administrative roles, preferably in a similar setting such as a care facility or educational institution.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritise effectively.
- Computer literacy – Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and ability to use range of databases once trained.
- Understanding of safeguarding procedures and regulatory requirements related to care and education for young people with SEN, learning difficulties, and physical disabilities.
- Accurate typing, touch typing desirable.
- Discreet, confidential, and reliable.
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Perkbox – offering high street discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Car lease scheme
- Fully funded training and qualifications
- Bike to work scheme
- Free membership to our Health cash back plan – Claim back money on services such as dental, optical, physio and many more
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and we are therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are “spent” unless they are “protected” under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
School Staffing Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment business for this position.
As a result of the volume of applications, If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received, then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.