Assistant Depot Manager
£30,000-£35,000 & Bonus
Full Time – Permanent
Our client is a customer-focused business who take great pride in looking after their customer relationships long term. They are a medium sized company who are rapidly growing that sit within the building materials industry. This is rare and super exciting opportunity to join our client on their journey based at their brand new depot near Gateshead.
You will be responsible for assisting and overseeing the smooth running and operation of the Depot alongside the Depot Manager. You will be working with the Sales & Admin Team, the Warehouse & Drivers on a daily basis. As well as keeping up to date with processes and polices. Also ensuring that all health and safety are always enforced.
- Assist the depot manger in growing sales and increasing margin
- Manage and maintain a profitable depot
- Assist in ensuring the smooth running of all functions within the depot
- Manage, develop and motivate staff effectively
- Assist in reporting on depot performance according to company requirements
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Assist with the communication of company strategy and policies effectively to staff and customers
- Adhere to all Company processes and policies
- Improve and maintain a high level of health and safety
- Maintain and manage a high quality of customer service
- Comprehensive control of stock
- Maximise the efficiency of deliveries on vans
- Maintain and provide an efficient and effective service to customers
- Working to set targets
- To actively identify any areas of improvement and to implement the improvements
- To perform any other task that is of a reasonable request in line with the business
Skills and Experience:
- Extremely customer focused
- Ability to lead & manage a team
- A thorough understanding of health and safety practices
- Warehousing & Sales knowledge
- Organised and structured approach to work and tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to plan and organise own workload and that of others
- Ability to work as a member of a team and on own initiative
- Proficient IT skills (MS Office)
- Ability to solve problems, make good judgements and take decisions.
- Ability to support and supervise staff and provide on the job coaching, personal development, and guidance to all staff to always ensure the highest standard of care to all service users.
- Strong ability to prioritise, work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Development of controls, policies and procedures.
Key personal attributes:
- Analytical thinker
- Can do attitude
- Determination and Drive
- Work under pressure
- Positive influencer
- Creative problem solver
- £30,000-£35,000 & Bonus Scheme
- Working Hours: 42 hours per week, paid 43hrs to include Saturday Rota (1 in 4 which is paid in Salary) Mon-Thurs 8.5hrs, Fri 8hrs, Sat 4hrs
- Salary is paid on a weekly basis (one week in arrears)
- 28 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays (Jan-Dec) Christmas closure taken from holiday entitlement.
- Statutory Sick Pay
- Work wear Provided
Our client will be looking to conduct interviews as early as next week with a view for the right candidate to start as soon as possible.
Please contact Zoe Bellenger on Zoebellenger@major-recruitment.com for a confidential chat.