Want to kickstart, change or develop career within a highly reputable fabrication manufacturer ? Then Read on !!
- 30am – 4pm Monday to Thurs
- 30am – 3pm
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the role is to aid production in manufacture, finishing, delivery and installation of high quality hygienic stainless-steel fabrications.
The Engineering Assistant will take direction and instruction from the Operations Manager/ Contracts Engineer and assume responsibility for facilitating the day to day requirements of the business on specific projects and tasks whilst in the workshop and working on site, ensuring that you and others are working safely and efficiently at all times.
- Take instruction and guidance from the Operations Manager/Contracts Engineer whilst taking the day to day responsibility for the organisation of themselves and subordinates placed in their charge on specific tasks in the workshop and on site.
- Assist production to ensure appropriate targets and time scales are achieved on quality and in line with the business and customer requirements.
- Working in collaboration with other team members to facilitate the delivery of projects and other business requirements, on schedule and to the desired quality and specification.
- Working to maximise manufacturing output whilst maintaining efficiencies, safe working practices and quality at all times.
- Take control of goods inwards and outwards collating parts for specific projects in an orderly and logical manor whilst in the factory.
- Work and adhere to risk assessments, method statements and company procedures as to meet all legislative and business requirements.
- Interpret and adhere to engineering drawing and hygiene standards and be adaptable to apply these standards to business specific requirements.
- Ensure schedules are understood and workload is managed to meet the business priorities and objectives.
- Perform quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality/hygiene standards and are aligned with company quality procedures.
- Maintain all work equipment and PPE in a condition that does not compromise the safety of yourself and others ensuring you report any that fall short of certification, calibration and operational use to the Operations Manager/Contracts Engineer.
- Always maintain a clean and safe working environment for yourself and others.
- Key Skills & Experience
- Be competent (and confident) in the technical aspects of hygienic stainless-steel fabrications, pipework and pressure testing requirements including manipulation of ancillary items such as brackets and supports (gained within a similar industry or environment).
- Experienced in the selection and safe use of hand and power tools.
- Knowledge in the setting up and use of metal shop polishing/cleaning equipment and other general workshop machinery.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and carry out quality inspections in accordance to pressure testing requirements, tolerances, surface finishes and weld finish specification.
- Excellent team working and organisational skills, being able to prioritise requirements to meet deadlines.
- Possess a good understanding of the principles of mechanical engineering and hygienic practice within the food manufacturing environment.
- Have a steady hand and great attention to detail and quality.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within the business.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, being able to prioritise requirements to meet differing demands.
- The desire to deliver a high level of quality and customer service.
- A supportive and encouraging approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team.
- Strong problem-solving skills but with the ability to request assistance and information when necessary.
3 plus years’ experience in a relevant production or engineering discipline.
Health and safety qualification (desirable)
Full Clean Drivers Licence