40 hours per week.
£30,000 per year
Hamilton Woods Associates are currently recruiting for an Assistant Engineer for a private sector company, on a full-time, permanent basis. The required hours for the role are 8:30-17:00 Monday-Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Assistant Engineer:
- Assisting the Senior Engineers with the procurement of new development sites. The work will consist of liaison with utility companies over new supplies and diversions but will also include working with drainage authorities, highway authorities and specialist consultants.
- Assisting in overseeing the design and detailing for external consulting engineer’s responsible for providing designs for new estate roads and sewers and the designs for foundations.
- Helping procure service quotes for new developments and liaising with the Commercial Department to place orders with the preferred contractor.
- Working with other departments to resolve issues on site. This includes areas such as poor performance by utility contractors, liaison with highway and water company inspectors.
- Supporting with the progress of adoption of historic roads and sewers.
- Assisting the Senior Engineers to keep the drawing files / vault up to date and ensuring the site teams are issued with the latest drawing information.
Requirements of the Assistant Engineer:
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to own vehicle is essential
- A working knowledge of Building Standards and applicable Health, Safety and Environment legislation.
- Experienced in CAD drawing software packages and engineering software packages
- Relevant experience in the House Building or Construction industry is desirable.
To be considered for this exciting role, please contact Ross Randfield – Recruitment Consultant at Hamilton Woods on 01509 276158 or apply online with a covering note of your experience and suitability referencing the job ID number. Due to the exceptionally high level of applications if you have not heard back from HWA within 7 – 10 days, it is regrettable that we cannot respond to all applicants, and please assume your application has been unsuccessful.