Major Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Assistant Press Driver on a permanent full time basis for our client – the UK’s leading supplier of aluminium glazing systems and bespoke aluminium extrusions based in Yatton, Bristol
You will be joining a friendly, safety conscious business that is continuing to grow and will offer you full training with the opportunity to develop, progress and enjoy a long term career. To be successful in this role you must be organised and able to react efficiently to any change to the manufacturing plan at short notice. Excellent communication skills are essential
Daily Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Assist the headmen with all press driving responsibilities
- Support the press headman with any extrusion related issue. I.e. spreader/mushroom, data recording and quality checks
- Ensure all health and safety legislation is achieved and maintained, including company safe working practices, personal protective equipment, housekeeping and relevant COSHH regulations.
- Undertake any reasonable request by a supervisor or manager
- Prioritise dies throughout the shift to ensure on time delivery to the customer
- Minimise all downtime while die changes take place
- Ensure all correct dies and support tooling are used and all cavities are clear prior to extrusion. Splitting the die and bolster when the extrusion process is complete
- You must be able to drive the press to a sufficient standard of health and safety and quality whilst meeting targets.
- Visually inspect each die before loading into the die ovens, checking for any damage to the die and contamination
- Assist the headman with all quality checks including dimensional, convexity/concavity, angularity and surface related issues.
- Training staff
Salary and Working Hours:-
- Working a rotating shift pattern Monday to Friday which includes a mix of days and nights: 6.30am-6.30pm and 6.30pm-6.30am, you will typically work 4 shifts one week, then 3 shifts the next two weeks.
- £28,548 annual basic starting salary, rising to £30,031 following training (including shift allowance and attendance bonus)
- Overtime may be available, which can uplift annual earnings realistically to around £36,000
Please click to apply