Building Material Operative
Rate of Pay: £11.49 – £12.85ph
Major Recruitment are supporting a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector based in Derbyshire. The building material operative positions are to assist with the production of a range of products such as clay bricks, thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and form pave permeable paving.
Shift 1: 05:00-13:00hrs
Shift 2: 17:00-01:001hrs
Some of the duties involved are as follows:
- Installing cast in items into moulds before they have concrete poured.
- Assist filling moulds with concrete and achieving the standard of finish that is required by our customer.
- Assist in pre-delivery finishing to achieve the required standards.
- Working closely with your other colleagues stripping and setting up moulds
- Can follow instructions.
- Understands health and safety.
- Can commit to a physically demanding job at times.
- Reads, writes, speaks, and understands English due to operating machinery and following health and safety.
Public transport route not available – You will need your own transport.
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail, please contact Lorna at Major Recruitment in the Derby Office. 01332 327237 or 07778 467 035