Major Recruitment are recruiting for a permanent, full-time, Business Development Manager, on behalf of our well-established industrial client. This position is based in the Aberdeenshire area but will involve travel throughout the UK and ad hoc international travel.
You will be joining an established team with the autonomy to work on your own initiative. Reporting directly to the Company Director, you will be responsible for developing the business and encouraging growth. Working with the Sales Manager to help achieve company set targets and supporting the Field Sales Executives.
You will be responsible for:
- Promoting and selling company products in order to expand market share
- Strengthening commercial relationships with new and existing customers, as well as building and maintaining excellent relationships internally
- Identifying customer requirements and subsequently selling products according to these
- Generating new business opportunities in both established and previously untapped markets within the Oil & Gas industry
- Monitoring market trading conditions and customer-specific strategic and operational factors – ensuring that current, reliable marketing intelligence is attained
- Implementing a coordinated sales approach
- Providing the senior level point of customer contact in relation to sales and customer support delivery
- A background in Science (preferably Chemistry) or Engineering
- Working knowledge and experience of business development within the Oil & Gas industry
- Skills in multi-tasking, working under pressure and prioritisation
- Self-starter with a sense of autonomy
- Flexibility – especially regarding travel
Please apply if you are interested, and our dedicated team will be in touch with more job information if you look like the ideal candidate.
Major Recruitment act as an Employment Agency for permanent roles and an Employment Business for temporary opportunities.