Business Support Administrator
Full Time (Monday – Thursday 8.00am – 5.00pm and Friday 8.00am – 1.00pm)
The Business Support Administrator is a key role within our clients organisation within the manufacturing world. This role reports directly to the Quality Manager. As the Business Support Administrator you will be primarily responsible for liaising with departmental leads to ensure calibrated equipment is recalled and recalibrated at the designated periods in accordance with the companies’ calibration procedures.
Additional duties may include covering day to day administration, purchasing, periodic check of specification status and ordering latest revision specifications and Customer Service tasks as and when required. Maintain a positive and friendly company image by acting as the first line of contact to visitors, customers and vendors in person, online and via the telephone.
- Create despatch paperwork for external calibration and receipt
- Specify calibration requirements in accordance with company procedures
- Arrange for calibration providers to come on site and accompany them to the correct location on site
- Obtain quotations and raise purchase requisitions
- Overcheck calibration certificates – pass or failed
- Resolve issues with identity, certification and purchase orders relating to calibration
- Maintain and update software
- Purchase and calibration of new equipment
- Liaise with external calibration provider
- Scanning and filing of process records
- Arrange meetings by scheduling appropriate meeting times, booking rooms and planning refreshments.
- Manage correspondence by answering emails and the company telephone system and transferring calls as necessary.
- Photocopy, scanning and filing documents appropriately.
- Manage office communication, letters and documents.
- Undertake other administration duties and tasks that may be allocated that are appropriate to the role.
Knowledge & Experience
- Prior office administration experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work without supervision
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- IT intermediate to advanced level.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Problem solver and resilient.
Skills & Qualifications
- GCSE and A levels in Maths and English C or above.
- Strong time management skills.
- Report Writing.
- Strong computer skills; Microsoft office, Outlook, Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Our client will be conducting interviews week beginning 8th August. Please email ZoeBellenger@Major-Recruitment.com If you are interested.