Major Recruitment are looking for a CNC Service Engineer to join them on a permanent basis in Rugby, close to M6 corridor.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with all types of cutting-edge equipment new and older for a growing international business, with room to progress and grow with the business.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Carrying out planned and reactive maintenance to CNC laser machine tools.
- Installation of CNC laser machine tools refurbished and new
- To promptly carry out routine servicing and maintenance on customer machines within specific deadlines.
- Visit customer sites across the Midlands, and occasionally further afield
- To carry out commissioning of new equipment.
- Attend breakdowns and provide solution within established SLAs.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Have previous experience in CNC sheet metal working machine tools service, preferably CNC laser systems both CO2 and fibre.
- Experience with bus systems ASI and Profibus.
- Good knowledge and logical understanding of electrical diagrams etc.
- Experience with Siemens and/or Fanuc CNC control systems.
- Good fault-finding skills.
- Good Electronic/Electrical/pneumatic and hydraulic skills.
- Experience with laser cutting.
- Comfortable spending several nights away from home if and as required.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience working in a field service role.
- Experience in servicing laser cutting machines will be an advantage.
- £35,000 – £39,000 / Annum
- Phone and Laptop.
- Van and Fuel Card.