Major Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Commercial Sales and Development Representative to work for our client based in Hartlepool.
The role will involve day-to-day management of a portfolio of existing customers, ensuring you maintain (and grow where possible) the following objectives:
- Buying accounts
The successful management will involve taking inbound calls, as well as making outbound calls to check requirements, quote current market prices, agree delivery times and dates, then process orders in the computer systems.
A large part of the role will involve sourcing and developing new and lapsed prospects and customers. These customers/ prospects will be managed into becoming regular buyers and forming part of the portfolio management process.
Your Key responsibilities will include:
- Take incoming calls and make outbound calls to existing & lapsed customers and prospects.
- Log all quotes and process all orders to ensure service level and delivery requirements are adhered too.
- Liaise with Credit and Transport departments to ensure orders are processed and delivered on time.
- Assist with the management of other sales portfolios and domestic accounts during holiday, sickness and busy periods.
- Accurately Input data into the system and ensure customer account details are maintained and up to date with key contact details.
- Answer customer queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Look to develop new business.
The correct candidate will preferably have:
- Ability to achieve targets and deliver results in a challenging environment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with a desire to solve problems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to listen and interpret information
- Good IT skills with the ability to competently use Microsoft Office
- Ability to organise workload and manage time effectively
- Ability to self-motivate and work effectively as part of a team
- Previous experience in the fuel industry would be advantageous but not a prerequisite
- Proven sales record
The salary will depend upon experience with an uncapped commission structure and the working hours are Monday- Friday 8.30am- 5.00pm