A Controls engineer is required for VSD, HMI, PLC, and SCADA projects as well as breakdown support. You will provide key engineering services to support process machinery control systems typically in but not limited to the Northern England region.
You will work from our clients office in Peterlee with the flexibility to work from home on occasion. standby payments and callout bonuses.
Our client is a systems integrator for variable speed drive control and automation systems, in a wide range of industries including, automotive, oil and gas, metals, paper, plastics, extrusion, printing and converting.
As a Controls Engineer you will have proven and demonstrable controls and commissioning skills. You should be familiar with working on various types of machinery and travelling to a non-permanent place of work supporting our customer base. Your communication skills and knowledge will be utilised in all areas of client service including breakdowns, upgrades, and projects. Your duties will include carrying out drive, PLC and HMI upgrades, FAT’s, site installations with the assistance of contractors, retro fits and modifications, site commissioning and training in accordance with relevant EN Standards.
To be considered for this position you should have or be able to demonstrate:
- Qualified to HNC/D or above
- Proficiency with industrial networking protocols including Ethernet, Modbus, Devicenet, RS232/485, Profibus, Profinet etc.
- Capability of carrying out factory and site acceptance tests
- Working knowledge of Siemens, Rockwell, and Omron systems
- Panel hardware design experience using CAD
- Knowledge of EN60204-1 and EN13849-1 standards
- Knowledge of functional safety and current machinery directives
- Strong programming, commissioning, and fault-finding experience with a variety of drive and PLC application processes including winding, converting, extrusion & tension control loops.
- Have thorough knowledge with Rockwell and Siemens PLC, HMI and Scada platforms
- Experienced with AC/DC drives including Eurotherm/Parker, ABB, Control Techniques, Rockwell, and Siemens is preferred.
- Clear communication skills and be self-managing under pressured deadlines.
- A self-starter willing to learn new technologies
- Confidence to work efficiently on your own
- Clean Driving licence