DAF Truck dealership located in York and is on the lookout for a fully skilled Commercial Vehicle Technician. As our new Fitter, you will join our friendly team which will see you working Shifts in our approved DAF dealership
£1000 SIGNING ON BONUS!!!
Benefits package including:
- A pension that pays – Auto enrolment pension scheme through salary sacrifice to ensure you get the most out of your hard-earned money.
- BUPA Medical Insurance – ensuring you and your loved ones are covered we offer a discounted scheme for all Motus colleagues.
- Life Assurance 2 x salary – we give you the peace of mind when you need it most
- Vehicle purchase discount
- Employee Discounts with the Network Benefits – fantastic deals and discounts on a wide range of products and services available to all colleagues.
- Employee Assistance Programme – We take colleague wellbeing seriously, we offer a free programme to support all our colleagues and families with whatever challenges they may face at work or at home 24/7 365 days a year.
- Colleague Introduction Award – recommend somebody for a role and you could earn up to £2000 once they’re fully on-board with us
- Holiday allowance rising with length of service – We reward long service with extra holiday
- Great career development – we pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with a realistic career pathway for each member of our team through our People Partnership Initiatives.
- Onsite Mental Health First Aiders – we understand mental health is not always easily spoken about which is why we have adopted various methods to support colleagues including onsite mental health first aiders, mental health awareness campaigns and a mental health text number should you require support but not feel ready to discuss in person. All our managers are also mental health aware trained.
- Being Brilliant Awards – we believe Together We Make A Difference and like to reward and recognise all colleagues who go the extra mile.
- Engagement & Charity – You will have the opportunity to participate in charity events to raise funds for our charities of choice, we also hold regular engagement events for all colleagues to enjoy their time with us.
As an HGV Mechanic in York we will be looking for you to be able to demonstrate:
- Time served Technician with City & Guilds or Equivalent
- Minimum 1 year post Apprentice experience.
- Safety Inspections
- Routine Maintenance
- General mechanical ability.
- Enthusiastic, Team Player, Flexible.
Main duties will be:
We require an experienced HGV Engineer who can ensure our automotive customers vehicles are back on road within the shortest time possible. As our HGV Technician you will be required to service, adjust, and repair vehicles or components using the tools in a safe and proper manner, efficiently, within the allocated time and to the required standard.
- Service and Inspect vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
- Diagnose. observe, recognise and report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure.
- To ensure all service and maintenance sheets, customer defect reports, manufacturer paperwork and electronic documentation, i.e., DAF-check, PDI sheets are fully completed and signed off.
- To interpret and implement technical service instructions data, to ensure a repair or replacement component is replaced or repair in line with manufactures instruction.
- You may on occasions be asked to carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law. Fully comply with Manufacturer’s protocol and policies and safe working at roadside.
- To draw the Supervisor/Workshop Controllers attention to any faults notice in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
- To protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
- To attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and a presentable personal appearance whilst always observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy.
- To report any broken or faulty equipment to your Supervisor/Manager in line with our Group Health & Safety Policy.