Data Cabling Engineer
Rotherham (UK wide travel)
£28,000 – £33,000 + van and travel expenses
Hamilton Woods Associates are working with a highly successful voice and data cabling business that are specialists in designing and installing voice and data copper cabling, fibre optics and wireless solutions.
We are looking to recruit to an experienced Data Cabling Engineer to work within an existing team of electricians on projects across the UK.
Due to this, you may be expected to work away from home (hotels plus overnight allowance provided). Weekend work and night work may also be required to suit client requirements.
Responsibilities of the Data Cabling Engineer includes:
- Carrying out the installation, termination, troubleshooting and testing of both copper and fibre optic cabling, including Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6e, Singlemode and Multimode
- Utilising Fluke DSX testers (for fibre and copper installations), in both testing and uploading
- Working to electrical site drawings, and following a labelling system
Requirements of the Data Cabling Engineer:
- IPAF (desirable)
- Full UK Driving License (essential)
- City & Guilds 3666/3667
- CSCS or ECS Card (essential)
- Previous experience of running data cabling in complex environments