Deputy Residential Manager
Are you passionate about mentoring a staff team and providing excellent quality care to children and young people?
About the company:
Our client provides excellent short-, medium- and long-term residential care specialising in both Learning Disabilities and Emotional Behavioural Difficulties:
- They are currently looking to bring onboard a motivated individual looking to encourage Children and Young people aged 9-19 to achieve their full potential.
- My client has several children’s homes in Newcastle and the surrounding areas.
- Making available to the service users a team of therapists. Including a clinical psychologist, an occupational health therapist and a speech and language therapist.
- Clear career progression opportunities
£28,000-£31,000 dependent on experience.
As a Deputy Residential Manager, you will be assisting and supporting the registered manager with:
- Ensuring each young person has a plan that reflects their educational, social and emotional needs.
- Ensure care plans are kept up to date on a monthly basis.
- Ensure health and safety documentation is completed on a weekly basis.
- To manage and coordinate staff resulting in the effective operation of the home.
- Developing participation of young people that promotes inclusion within the home.
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
- 3 years Children’s residential care experience AND 1 year minimum supervisory experience.
- NVQ level 4 in Residential Childcare or equivalent.
- Be able to work 9am-5pm or 8am-4pm.
- Invest in staff through training programs, and Diploma qualifications.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Long service rewards scheme.
If this sounds like your next move, apply below. Alternatively, if you’re interested in hearing about other similar opportunities, get in contact with Major Healthcare at the Newcastle branch.
Major Recruitment act as an Employment Agency for permanent roles and an Employment Business for temporary opportunities