This role would suit an experienced test or commissioning engineer who enjoys variety and can apply engineering principles to solve technical solutions. Your main responsibilities will include: –
* Responsible and accountable for safe and successful testing of electrical panels and control systems
* Correct interpretation of customer requirements/specification/designs/drawings
* Communicating with wireman, engineers and customers throughout the testing or commissioning phase
* Quality assure your work as you go
* Creating detailed mark-ups and snag list for resolution
* Contribute to the continuous improvement cycle with your expertise and experience.
* Undertake site installations, commissioning, FAT, SAT etc. as required.
* Creation of reports, technical documentation, and certifications (as required)
* Managing and prioritising own workload to meet deadlines and company requirements.
* Responsible for keeping own knowledge and skills up to date and relevant.
This is a Permanent, full-time role that is 80% factory/office based and 20% site based (installs, commissioning etc.) Core hours: Monday-Friday (37hr week) – 07:30-16:00 Mon-Thurs. 07:30-12:30 Friday
The successful candidate will have 3 years Electrical Test & Commissioning experience with a good knowledge of industrial control panels. You will need experience of machinery control systems understanding and experience with PLC software (loading, commissioning, minor changes). You will need some proficiency with 2D Electrical CAD system with panel wiring or site installation experience an advantage.
You will need to be suitably qualified in electrical engineering and test, be IT literate, have good problem-solving skills and have a strong attention to detail.
Salary c£50-55K (with some flexibility depending on control systems skills), 26 days holiday + bank holidays, fully expensed travel, technical & career progression opportunities and the opportunity to excel within a growing engineering company
This is a great opportunity to develop your career and technical skills within a successful company.