DAYS – 6AM-6PM (4 ON 4 OFF)
£40,000-£45,000 DOE. + Benefits + Holidays + Pension
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Engineering Technician to join one of our clients, based out of their Irlam, Manchester Site. Our client Is an Independent provider of goods, who specialise in offering a full category solution.
With a proven background in the FMCG industry, you will have the opportunity to play a key role within the Engineering team.
The role has one direct report within the Engineering Department. A large part of the role is ensuring the effective running of the production lines, along with ensuring that the production plans and targets are met.
Responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Ensure the efficient running of the production lines by effective adherence to the PM Schedules and prompt and effective rectification of machine faults.
- Oversee and undertake accurate and efficient changeovers.
- Provide on the job training to members of the production.
- Teams to encompass machine operation and changeover to the level of competence.
- Ensure continuous improvement of machinery performance through the accurate recording/reviewing of the main downtime causes and solutions and the implementation of engineering improvements.
- Ensure effective shift handovers by liaising with other production technicians.
- Ensure the effective and safe operation of all machinery and report all failures to the Engineering Shift Manager.
- Liaise closely with the other members of the engineering department to ensure maximum performance of the production machinery.
- Adopt a flexible approach within a fast-moving environment by recommending and supporting improvement initiatives to improve line and individual performance and efficiencies.
- Fully co-operate with the ongoing requirement for personal/team training and development to achieve the main job purpose.
- Ensure all documentation and record systems are maintained to high standards daily in accordance with ISO 9001:2000
- Maintain a high degree of both product and personal safety in accordance with HSE, EHO and HMCE requirements, ensuring adherence to all legislative requirements and by the implementation and auditing of risk assessment controls and HACCP.
What experience are we looking for?
- Ability to accurately diagnose and correct both mechanical and Electrical faults on FMCG equipment.
- Able to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to maintain a high level of discipline associated with the daily compliance of hygiene standards and the safe operation of factory equipment.
- PC/IT skills sufficient to understand how IT can support and enhance manufacturing performance.
- Ability to motivate and develop staff to their full potential.
- Apprenticeship or appropriate recognised training programme.
- Qualification or adequate experience in Mechanical Engineering.
- Qualification in Electrical Engineering.
- £40,000-£45,000 DOE – Per Annum
- Free onsite parking.
- 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Company pension