Major Recruitment – Castle Donington
Major Recruitment are looking to hire an experienced Estimator to work alongside our client who specialises in the Fabrication and Welding industry in Derby, Nottingham and Leicester areas
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to- analysing plans and drawings, bills of quantities and other project documentation to estimate costs. Researching, sourcing, negotiating and obtaining best prices and quotes from suppliers and sub-contractors, you will play a vital role in obtaining new projects to work on, by working closely with your manager to ensure project work is priced correctly and ensure the smooth running of the projects.
- Actively seek upcoming projects and report them to management
- Research ongoing projects and contact project leaders
- Obtain details of requirements from customers and fully understand them
- Ivestigate pricing to provide detailed and competitive quotations
- Negotiate cost prices with suppliers to reduce cost to us and the customer
- Gather quotations from suppliers and obtain best prices
- Estimate costs and produce competitive quotes ensuring good profit margin
- Monitor forecast plans.
- Calculate forecasts and budgets.
- Create cost estimation methods.
- Work closely with management and staff for best strategies
- Discuss drawings and plans with the CAD Assistant
- Liaise with suppliers to build good working relationships and achieve best prices.
- Build relationships with customers to widen opportunity to quote on projects.
- Oversee the estimating process.
- Plan, research and develop effective ways of tendering.
- Build good relationships within the Support Systems team.
- Communicate well and be informative.
- Support project leads with Companywide projects and ensure that actions are delivered on time and to a high standard.
- Produce reports and updates in an agreed format and in a timely and accurate manner.
- You will always comply with all Company Policies and Procedures.
- You will carry out any reasonable requests made by your Line Manager.
Role dimensions (Financial- Budgetary control)
- Performing Research
- Gathering quotations
- Negotiating costs
- Preparing reports and monitoring forecast plans
- Estimating costs
- Obtaining and producing best prices and quotes
- Create cost estimation methods
Role Dimensions (Non-Financial – staff management)
- Working close with management
- Working with CAD assistant
- Liaising with suppliers
- Ensuring effective communication
- Confidence in dealing with people and customers
- Good time management skills
- Able to build relationships with suppliers and customers
Candidate Skills and Requirements
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Good verbal and written communication
- Commercial awareness of the business
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to work independently
- Google time management
- Problem solving skills
- Ensure each project is profitable
- Keep track of costs
- Attention to detail and focus orientated
- Previous experience in a similar role or industry
Working Hours and Salary
- 06:30-16:00 (Maybe subject to change)
- £40,000 Per Annum
If this role suits you and you’re ready for a new career APPLY TODAY!!!