Field Service Engineer
£25,000 – £29,000 + annual bonus + overtime available + use of company vehicle + So much more…..
We are excited to be working with a national business which is undergoing massive growth, as a confident Field Service Engineer they now want you be part of their continued growth!
You will be working as part of the Regional Service Team, providing clients with support for their products to cover both services and repairs. You will need to be technically competent and be confident helping your customers to maintain a high level of performance from their equipment.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- To use technical competence to prevent equipment breakdown and where breakdowns occur, to minimise the impact upon customer operations.
- To provide effective and technically competent breakdown and preventative maintenance services to products and systems at a variety of sites.
- To identify and communicate to customers, solutions to problems they encounter with the performance of their equipment. Such solutions to include but not be limited to new product sales, repairs or hire solutions.
- To identify changes to individual customer contracts in terms of equipment covered, customer contact information and site requirements and feedback of such information to the service team.
- To ensure that any customer reports are completed professionally, and clearly articulate the outcome and recommendations of any visit.
- To maintain accurate records (which may be paper-based or electronic) so that the business may determine contract profitability and engineer productivity. Ensure customer authorisation is obtained for all work carried out to prevent invoice queries.
- To be responsible for the accurate management of spare parts stock to ensure a high level of first time fix.
- Audit van stock on a monthly basis – follow the returns process for stock returns
- Provide customer with advice to ensure they are maximizing the potential of their machines.
- Provide pricing information (direct or via office) for Consumables, chemical or service contracts.
- At least 5 years engineering experience within a service environment
- At least 3 years experience of customer service, with a technical support focus.
- Customer centric approach at all time.
- Drive – fully focused on delivering high levels of customer service.
- Tenacity – will always strive to achieve goals irrespective of the perceived size and extent of obstacles.
- Risk taker – not afraid to take risks and challenge deeply embedded organisational beliefs.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and be computer literate.
If youve read all of the above and thought – “wow thats just the job for me!” then please apply asap as we’re keen to get you started asap!