Major Recruitment are recruiting a Fleet Quality Technician on a permanent basis for our Ipswich based client who are a well-established, industry leading national service company. With sites based in the UK, they have seen year on year success, with further growth plans for 2022. They offer a range of services from logistics supply to storage.
What’s in it for the Fleet Quality Technician?
- Salary depending on experience – £36,000 – £40,000
- Monday to Friday – 0700 -1730
- 24 days + 8 Bank Holidays
- Excellent development opportunities
- Additional days holidays with service up to 29 days
- Birthday holiday
- Purchase additional holiday
- Dental and healthcare schemes
- Cycle to work
- Death in service
- A Turkey at Christmas
- Excellent benefit package
Purpose of Job
The Fleet Quality Technician will provide technical expertise and support to enhance the fleet quality process keeping equipment safe, legal, and compliant, monitor and maintain Bodyshop damage, repair standards, support customer recharges disputes, develop relationships with manufacturers, repairers, and customers, and provide branch support and training.
- To carry out a planned programme of inspections of regularly used workshops and their body repairs addressing any deficiencies and reporting to the Fleet Quality Manager. Assist with developing agent network agreeing rates and level of VRC and authorisation process.
- To challenge high-cost repairs and assess for their validity, reducing to a fair price where valid, and researching previous maintenance and repairs for quality. Where work may not have been carried out satisfactorily previously ensure that costs are recovered, and quality improvements made.
- Assist with work in progress management and damage assessment of equipment producing estimates when required.
- Assist with development and expansion of self-estimating matrix
- Where failures are believed to be due to manufacturer error to obtain written authority to make the necessary repairs.
- To develop relationships with manufacturers to obtain a thorough technical knowledge of all products operated and to be a centre of advice and information for internal and customer queries.
- Liaise with the Fleet Quality team keeping them aware of product weaknesses and repair recommendations, working with manufacturers to design out problems.
- To visit customers to assists with disputed recharges and justifications supporting the operational team as required.
- To continually seek out new suppliers, especially by recommendation, inspecting their premises and ensuring the Company’s supplier approval process is followed to completion.
- To update vehicle histories promptly recording quality inspections and other relevant information.
- To carry out non maintenance hire inspections and provide summary of findings where required.
- Provide support on major defleets regarding damage assessment and estimates
- To provide branch support and customer product training.
- To carry out other projects as required.
- To prepare and submit a weekly itinerary in advance.
- To observe health and safety regulations and procedures at all times.
- Any other projects that many arise as business changes
- To behave in a professional and courteous manner throughout, especially when with customers.