Production Manager – DAYS
Based in Wiltshire
6 months FTC – with a view to be extended / turn perm
My client, a successful and well-respected food manufacturer, is seeking a Production Manager to support the site in terms of production management, CI projects and other various programmes throughout the site.
Reporting to Factory Manager you will be responsible for a wide range of duties, which may changes as the role expands.
The role has become available due to business expansion and succession planning. You will be supporting operations and execution of plan but also looking at project work, and fill in as and when needed.
You will have excellent communication and leaderships skills. As a ‘people person’ you will manage, develop and lead your teams. We are looking for a CI focused Production Manager, who can challenge status quo, ask questions, look for improvements. You will be KPI focused based on safety, quality, productivity, cost, delivery and people development.
The role will be initially on a 6 months FTC, however if the relationship works really well and the right person fits into the team on site, this role might become extended and eventually turn permanent as well.
Skills and experience;
- Working within a fast-paced meat manufacturing manufacturing environment
- Short Interval Control / SIC
- Overall Equipment Efficiency
- Focused on continuous improvement, CI efficiencies and LEAN processes
- Strong communicator
- Budgetary/ financial awareness
- Leadership skills, keen to develop, educate and drive change from within
- Excellent people skills
- Management of large teams, including supervisors and operatives
- Monday to Friday days
- Competitive salary dependant on experience
- Career progression and development
- Access to the latest technical solutions
- Strong culture and friendly working environment
- Life cover
- Medical care
BPSS is acting as a recruitment agency for this vacancy