Major Recruitment are working exclusively with a well know Railway solutions provider to recruit for a General Machinist on a Permanent basis.
Role Type:- Permanent
Location:- Sheffield (S25)
Salary:- £24,000 – £27,000 (Dependant Upon Experience) Salaried
Hours Of Work:- Monday to Friday 8am – 4pm
This role is working for a business who have been established for over 15 years. The ideal Machinist would be looking to progress and be a vital part of a company. You will be carrying out different machining operations according to drawings and specifications,
Duties will include,
- Running and operating Vertical Machining Centres (Fanuc/Hartrol experience and knowledge would be beneficial).
- Use of Renishaw OMP40 Dual Optical Inspection and tool setting probe systems.
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine the process has been completed to the required standard.
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality.
- Knowledge of other manufacturing machines such as CNC press brakes, water cutting machines, and plasma cutting machines would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate will be able to
- Understand all types of engineering drawings
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to look at the machining processes and make positive changes to reduce downtime and cycle times.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Working to deadlines.
- Good level of ICT
- Incorporate 5S disciplines.
Please Click “APPLY NOW” or Contact Alex Donnelly in our Doncaster office for further information.