A Graduate Embedded Software Engineer with strong C programming skills is sought by a growing Electronics company near Southampton
Salary £30-35K depending on experience with an excellent benefits package
Working in a busy R&D / Electronics design team you will develop firmware applications, primarily in C, undertake schematic design and verification and work with clients to specify and deliver custom engineering projects. You will also contribute to company-wide improvement of software applications for existing products, ensure all products are designed and documented in accordance with the company’s quality system and provide technical support and application advice to existing customers.
You will also be expected to keep up to date with emerging technologies, work within budget and scheduling constraints to bring projects to successful conclusions.
Successful applicants should have a passion for science and technology and be able to demonstrate knowledge through qualifications or work experience of:
- Developing embedded C firmware.
- Digital Circuit Design.
- Analogue Interface design.
- Low power design.
- IDE tools, in-circuit debuggers and emulators.
- Hardware debugging with the use of laboratory equipment such as Oscilloscopes and multimeters.
- Documentation including specification and testing.
- Version Control systems such as GIT.
It would be beneficial to have specific experience with some of the following:
- ARM Cortex M series Microcontroller, preferably STM32/EFM32.
- Development with Keil or GCC toolchains.
- Development using Eclipse, Simplicity Studio or Atollic True Studio IDEs.
- Interfacing to LCD displays.
- Communication technologies, RS232, RS485, USB, I2C, SPI, NFC and Bluetooth.
- Knowledge and use of sensors, temperature, humidity and gas.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking technology company with leading edge products and good career and professional development opportunities
To take advantage of this excellent opportunity to launch your career in Electronics please call Adam Jones at Major Recruitment or click Apply Now to send your CV