£45,000 – £50,000 p/a + Bonus + Pension
Full time – Permanent
Burton on Trent, UK
Hamilton Woods Associates are working with a client based in Burton on Trent that are expanding within their broad finance team. The Group Accountant works across multiple disciplines and functions and suits a 1st time mover from practice.
The Group Accountant prepares information for the group on a weekly and monthly basis. They assist the Financial Reporting Manager’s and other non-financial managers in carrying out their responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* The production of year-end statutory accounts for the consolidated UK group of companies, including preparing the accounts of several subsidiary entities.
* Production of periodic consolidation for the UK group for inclusion in the board pack
* Main contact at group for technical financial reporting advise
* Creation of accounting memos over judgemental or unusual items for review by senior management
* Ownership of the IFRS 16 accounting, including booking periodic adjustments and ensuring all lease variations are appropriately accounted for
* Creation and ownership of the group controls matrix and accounting manual to ensure group policies are appropriately applied
* Production of annual corporation tax computations
* Complete periodic balance sheet reconciliations, including production of their own area and the review of reconciliations produced from other accounting teams to ensure timely and accurate financial information is recorded in the ledger
* Liaising with external auditors to ensure smooth audit of year end accounts
* Qualified Accountant preferably ACA, ICAEW or equivalent with a demonstrable history of technical accounting experience
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of the organisation (on the telephone and in writing)
* Ability to build rapport and develop key relationships
* Experience of Microsoft Dynamics NAV is desirable but not required
If you would like to apply for this Group Accountant role, please get in contact with your CV attached to email@example.com