Group Financial Reporting Manager
£60,000 – £70,000, Bonus, Pension & Benefits
A dynamic and established business is looking for a Financial Reporting Manager who will be responsible for the yearend financial reporting and consolidated accounts. The successful candidate will have a solid technical finance background with an active role within a large business. If you have experience with IFRS, USGAAP and SOX you will have an additional advantage.
- To play a key role in the preparation of the year-end and interim consolidated financial statements of the business in accordance with agreed deadlines, including the provision of value-added commentaries and supporting schedules as required.
- Preparation of notes to the annual financial statements under IFRS, including liaison with the Group tax department, Group treasury and Company Secretariat as appropriate.
- Review and understand quarterly submissions from regional financial reporting teams through enquiry and challenge of unusual and unexpected items.
- Maintain a detailed and up to date knowledge of all matters related to IFRS and other relevant regulatory accounting requirements.
- Ensure that relevant Sarbanes-Oxley processes and controls are adhered to.
- To establish good working relationships with the external auditors and thereby help to facilitate a smooth audit process.
- Facilitate the external audit of the Group reporting submissions and financial statements. Prepare or review work papers for internal/external auditors.
- To carry out investigations and such other duties as may be required including ad hoc project work.
THE FINANCIAL REPORTING MANAGER WILL BE/HAVE:
- ACA or equivalent accounting qualification.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required in a relevant discipline.
- Detailed technical knowledge of IFRS
- Ability to develop and maintain working partnerships in a global organisation
- Flexible and able to respond to short deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- An advocate of a strong internal control environment
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in a financial reporting environment, either within the accountancy profession or in industry. Experience in producing consolidated financial statements under IFRS essential. Exposure to the challenges of working in a global organisation Oracle HFM (or other consolidation software) experience an advantage.