The Group Purchasing and Fleet Administrator role is to optimise our organisation’s procurement day to day activities and administration of the fleet.
As Group Purchasing Administrator you will be responsible for sourcing and procuring goods and services necessary for our operations. Your main objectives will be to ensure cost-effective purchasing practices, maintain excellent supplier relationships and drive overall accuracy, process efficiency and profitability.
As Group Fleet Administrator, you will be responsible for the maintenance, utilisation and allocation of our company’s vehicles. Your primary objectives will be to ensure the efficient operation of our fleet, minimisation and accurate analysis of costs, regulatory and safety compliance.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies aligned with organisational objectives and cost-saving initiatives, ensuring compliance by the business and Equity Partners
- Conduct market research to identify potential suppliers and evaluate their capabilities, pricing and quality.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand their purchasing requirements, ensure timely delivery of goods and services and their compliance with established procedures
- Negotiate favourable terms, conditions, and pricing with suppliers to achieve cost savings and improve overall value.
- Manage the procurement process, including issuing purchase orders and matching to invoices
- Maintain accurate records of procurement activities, including contracts, purchase orders, and supplier information.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, resolving any issues or disputes that may arise.
- Train and mentor team, providing guidance on purchasing processes, supplier selection and negotiation strategies.
- Develop, implement and monitor comprehensive fleet management policies to minimise costs, ensure accurate allocation of costs and ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Oversee the administration of the acquisition, allocation and disposal of vehicles, including correct cost allocation and financing.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all fleet-related information, including vehicle registrations, insurance policies and maintenance logs.
- Develop and implement maintenance schedules and ensure timely servicing and repairs of vehicles.
- Monitor and analyse fleet performance metrics, such as maintenance costs and vehicle utilisation, identifying areas for improvement.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, including vehicle registration, licensing, emissions testing, and duty of care standards.
- Develop and implement driver training programs to promote safe and efficient driving practices and ensure compliance with company policies.
- Manage relationships with external service providers, such as maintenance and repair shops, fuel suppliers, and insurance companies, to ensure high-quality services and competitive pricing.
- Proven experience working as a Purchasing Administrator or in a similar procurement role, preferably in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong knowledge of procurement principles, practices, and regulations.
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic sourcing, contract negotiation, and supplier management.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to gather and interpret data to drive informed decision-making.
- Exceptional negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in using procurement software and finance systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and manage diverse stakeholders
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent organisational skills and strategic thinking
- Strong project management capability
- Analytical and data driven
- Team management, Board and stakeholder collaboration
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Draft and implement a comprehensive Purchasing policy for Major and the Equity Partners
- Identify and roll out a fit for purpose Purchase Order system.
- Design and implement a supplier set up process, including due diligence checks.
- Assist in the selection of a new finance and accounting system, with particular attention to the purchasing and purchase ledger aspects of the system.
Note: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, duties, or responsibilities, and management reserves the right to modify and assign other tasks as necessary