Major Recruitment are representing an incredible Crisis Management, Support and Information Services Company based in Sunderland. They have a requirement for multiple Helpline Support Workers to join their team, offering Full time hours and Part time.
The ideal candidates will need to be fully flexible with their time to meet the needs of the business, as their Helpline is operational 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
- Provide a range of telephone support, signposting, practical advice and guidance to adults experiencing mental health distress.
- To accurately record referrals and details of calls on relevant electronic systems.
- Be able to assess a situation to determine risk and the needs of the individual caller.
- Work in line with performance targets.
- Communicate with external stakeholders as required.
- Partake in training and mentoring for all new staff.
- Work as part of a team
- Carry out duties on a rota system to meet the service requirements of being a 24 hour service open 365 days a year
- Other duties related to the post.
Required Experience/Attributes & Qualifications:
- Ideally hold a Counselling qualification of at least Certificate Level 3 or equivalent / Degree in Psychology
- You will be confident, articulate with proven communication and IT Skills
- Some experience in healthcare support work over the phone or face-to-face.
- Basic knowledge of community care and mental health issues
- Experience of record keeping
- Active listening skills to demonstrate engagement
- Flexible to meet the needs of the business
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on new tasks and challenges
- Enhanced DBS certificate on the Update Service
- 5 weeks of fully paid training, giving you all the tools required for the position.
- Flexible working (where appropriate)
- Childcare voucher scheme
- 25 Days annual leave (per annum/pro rata)
- 5% contributory pension scheme
My client offer a range of hours and shift patterns to fit around existing commitments – the ideal candidate needs to be flexible to work Evenings, Weekends and Nights on a rota basis.
Due to the nature of the duties, an enhanced DBS will be sought in the event of a successful application.
Immediate starts available!