Major Recruitment are recruiting for HGV 1 Night drivers on behalf of our client who are the UKs leading independant frozen seafood supplier.
As a Class 1 Driver you will need to be professional, enthusiastic, and reliable; customer focused and maintain road safety and compliance at all times.
You should demonstrate exceptional customer service skills and be able to deal with an array of customers. When out on the road you are an ambassador for the company at all times and the face of the company, having that daily interaction with customers and building and maintaining long lasting relationships.
Manual handling activities such as, but not limited to, pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying will be required.
- Manage deliveries of orders to customers according to the plan for the day
- Collect all monies required from customers particularly cash sales.
- Check that monies received are correct, based on invoice value
- All required paperwork to be completed correctly and legible (fuel sheet/defect book/returns/money sheet).
- All deliveries to be completed correctly(this may at times involve waiting)
- Vehicles to be kept clean, tidy and in a roadworthy condition.
- All accident/damages to be reported immediately.
- Tachographs are a legal requirement and your responsibility to ensure that you are compliant as a driver
- All returns to be checked with Sales. Any stock left on lorry is your responsibility.
- Multi drop experience is preferable (but not essential)
Education & Qualification
- Clean HGV Class 1 licence – Held for a minimum of 2 years and driven at least 180 in the last 2 years.
- Valid CPC training and Digital Tacho card
- Good People and customer service skills
- Physically active due to nature of the job including heavy lifting
- Good communicator
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude, deals with challenge and change
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Prepared to support and develop ‘best in class’
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV or alternativly call us on 01925 984 224 quoting the reference PURPLE1.