Position: HGV Technician/Fitter 40 Shift
Location: Irene House, Unit 7 Wyvern Way, Henwood Industrial Estate, Ashford, TN24 8DW
Line Reporting Manager: DepotManager
Salary: From £29702.40 to £35000.00 + Overtime
Shift Pattern: Rotating; week earlies and week lates
06:00 to 14:00 Monday to Friday
11:00 to 19:00 Monday to Friday
Principle Duties and Accountabilities:
The primary responsibilities of HGV Technicians/Fitters include providing routine maintenance and repairs to equipment and vehicles of different manufactures and models. The other main duties and responsibilities include:
- Performing planned and reactive repairs to heavy goods vehicles, trailers, plant, and other vehicles in the company fleet
- Performing planned inspection and general preventive maintenance services such as MOT Prep and Lube Service
- Performing regular Defect Repairs
- Working within the team to help diagnose fault to completion of repair.
- Competent in completing relevant electronic documentation and paperwork as required to defined standards
- Maintaining inventory in the workshop and cleanliness from oil spills and dust
- Providing in-house training to recruits and trainees
- Providing repair services on the road in case of emergencies
Roles and Responsibilities:
The HGV Technician/Fitter requires specialised vehicle knowledge and organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure with constant deadlines. A successful HGV Technician/Fitter will also have various prerequisite skills that include:
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and demanding situations
- Ability to perform well independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills and the ability to follow written or spoken instructions
- Capable of following the repair process from fault analysis to completion
- Ability to work under tight instructions and concentrate over long periods of time
- Excellent understanding of vehicle technology
- A strong commitment to the industry and keen knowledge of the latest technology relating to HGVs
- Keen awareness of health and safety standards of vehicles
- Excellent problem-solving and practical skills
- Attend staff and training meetings when required
Qualifications / Competency:
- You must have a minimum of 3 years industry experience of a Level 2-3 S/NVQ working with heavy goods vehicles. Though may suit newly qualified through transition.
- Qualified – City and Guilds Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Mechanics or (Level 3 S/NVQ or equivalent), also preferably IRTEC Trained and Certified.
- You must be accustomed to performing light repairs and commercial maintenance operations.
- Additional experience working with maintenance tools, hydraulics, 12/24v electrical systems and computer systems relating to vehicles are preferable.
- HGV license holder would be beneficial but not essential.
HGV Technician/Fitter Health and Safety Responsibilities are:
- To understand and comply with the company health and safety policy
- To influence and promote a positive health, safety culture within the organization and lead by example
- To ensure all works activities are carried out in a safe manner and in accordance with legislative, company requirements and the risk assessments
- To ensure housekeeping of the works areas are fully maintained
- To carry out comprehensively and complete in full all company required workshop documentation
- To report all health, safety, and environmental incidents to the Line Manager within 2 hours of it happening
- To ensure you are aware of the company fire and first aid arrangements, and emergency evacuation procedure