Position: HGV Technician / Workshop Foreman 40 Shift
Location: Stanley House, Anthony’s Way, Medway City Estate, Rochester, ME2 4NF
Line Reporting Manager: Workshop Manager
Salary: £37440 to £45760 + Overtime
Shift Pattern: 1 week earlies and 1 week lates
06:00 to 14:00 Tuesday to Friday 07:00 to 15:00 Saturday
14:00 to 22:00 Monday to Friday
Principle Duties and Accountabilities:
- Co-ordinate all maintenance activity.
- Overseeing a pool of 4 technicians.
- Develop the skill base of all technicians.
- Offering technical support to both staff and external clients.
- Look at continuous improvements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Routine vehicle maintenance to VOSA standards.
- Preparation and presentation of vehicles and trailers for MOT inspection.
- Diagnosing of vehicles diagnostic equipment.
- Good housekeeping and H&S requirements.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed.
Qualifications / Competency:
- Experienced Senior commercial vehicle technician with experience of man management
- Experienced Technician with a professional track record looking to progress to a Foreman role would be possible.
- You must have a minimum of 5 years industry experience of a Level 3 S/NVQ working with heavy goods vehicles.
- Qualified – City and Guilds Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Mechanics or (Level 3 S/NVQ or equivalent) (Preferably IRTEC Trained and Certified)
- Self-Starter Supervisory / Team Leader experience / Good administration skills
- Self-motivated team player with strong work ethic and able to work to deadlines
- Computer Literate
- HGV Licence would be an advantage
- Experience of working under own initiative and able to multi-task, with a Keen eye for detail
- For your hard work we will provide a competitive salary, pension scheme and various training courses
HGV Fitter Health and Safety Responsibilities are:
- To understand and comply with the company health and safety policy
- To influence and promote a positive health, safety culture within the organisation and lead by example
- To ensure all works activities are carried out in a safe manner and in accordance with legislative, company requirements and the risk assessments
- To ensure housekeeping of the works areas are fully maintained
- To carry out comprehensively and complete in full all company required workshop documentation
- To report all health, safety, and environmental incidents to the Line Manager within 2 hours of it happening
- To ensure you are aware of the company fire and first aid arrangements, and emergency evacuation procedure