Home Manager – regulated childrens Home
based New Maldon near Wimbledown £40,000 – £55,000PA
Full Job Description
A well-established children’s service provider is seeking a Registered Children’s Home Manager located in Wimbledon
They look after children with EBD with an age range of 8 – 16 in a supported living environment
This well-established provider is seeking someone with a passion for excellence, who has a forward-thinking approach to help ensure the home’s success, and who is focused on achieving the best possible outcomes for the children in the homes’ care. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the service and enjoy the rewards of its success.
The ideal candidate will be Ofsted registered or working for a semi-independent provider and hold a NVQ Level 3 – 5 in Children’s & Young People services and or level 5 in leadership & management.
They would also be happy to speak with a Deputy Manager with lots of experience and level 3 who is ready to move up. The salary range is dependent on this experience and qualifications.
The professional duties of a Registered Manager shall include but are not limited to:
Recruitment and leadership
- To provide effective leadership and management of the residential home
- Recruit, induct and train new staff Safeguarding
- Manage and safeguard the children and young people and promote their wellbeing
- Ensure that the highest possible standards of physical, emotional, spiritual and cultural care are maintained within the home at all times.
- Create a culture and ethos where the complex needs of each young person are met.
- To ensure the promotion of education, physical health and emotional well-being of the young people.
- Supporting the directors and Responsible Individual to achieve registration or maintain or improve a good rating with OFSTED.
- Manage the Home and ensure the efficient operation of the service in accordance with the relevant legislation, procedures, policies and the Statement of Purpose for the home.
- Achieve a quality service; aiming to achieve a ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rating (linked to performance bonus).
- Managing and supporting the homes staff team, providing supervision on a regular basis, assessing staff performance and providing some training.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the Children’s Homes Regulations 2015, Safeguarding Legislation and Procedures the Children Act, other relevant legislation and guidance and company policy and procedure.
- To ensure recommendations or requirements from inspection reports and Regulation 44 reports are addressed and resolved within designated timescales
- Provide written reports for reviews, case conferences and other meetings requested by Senior Staff. Ensure that relevant actions identified at such meetings are implemented.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 18 months experience in a position relevant to the residential care of children
- At least 1 year in a role supervising and managing staff
- NVQ Level 3 In Children and Young Peoples work force
- LEVEL 3 – 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare (England) or working towards.
- Recent experience working either as a Registered Manager or as a Children’s Home Deputy Manager.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Monday to Friday 9 – 5
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift