Major Recruitment Ltd are currently recruiting for an experienced CIPD certified HR Officer/ HR Advisor on behalf of our clients based in central Derby.
Please be advised we are looking for a candidate to work heavily in employment relations (ER) and this is not a recruitment position.
The role is temporary for approximately 6 months but has potential to be permanent.
This very varied, exciting and interesting role of HR Officer/ HR Advisor is based within an office environment (not from home/ remote) for a prestigious care company.
- Provide first line HR advice and guidance on related issues, policies and procedures and general HR support to the line managers
- Employee relations issues including absence management procedures, sickness reviews, investigations, disciplinaries, grievances, etc
- Demonstrable experience in managing performance, absence, TUPE, staffing restructure and providing general HR advice
- Serve as a first point of contact and effectively face of the business for all HR queries.
- Work with the management team to coordinate internal staff changes and staff leavers
- Support junior staff with onboarding’s, audit files in line CQC regulations and guidelines
- Asylum & Immigration Documentation checks
- Answer HR queries on telephone, face to face or email
- Upkeep of electronically stored personal records
- Support management of staff holidays
- Work closely with departments, assist line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures and offer advice
- Assist with the off boarding of staff, acceptance of resignation, return of company property, exit interviews
- Participate in general management and administrative duties associated with the role
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all matters concerned with HR
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Assist in the preparation of Care Quality Commissions (CQC) Inspection
- Compliance with Data Protection Legislation
- Utilise experience and judgement to improve quality throughout the Services
- Take minutes at meetings
- May involve travel to other sites for meetings that are too sensitive to hold online.
This is a full-time role to start IMMEDIATELY.
Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.
CIPD certification is required for this position.
In order to be considered for this position, you must have at least 2 years previous (recent) experience as an HR Officer/ HR Advisor. HR Generalist. You will be professionally presented, bubbly, friendly, approachable and flexible.
You will be able to work on your own initiative and take direction from the managers/ directors when in the office.
You will need to be immediately available and be able to start within 1 week (max). and be able to commute to the Derby office daily.
£27,000 – £32,000 (depending on experience) – paid hourly £14.00 – £15.00 per hour + holiday pay (£15.68 – £16.81 per hour)oliday
Major Recruitment act as an Employment Agency for permanent roles and an Employment Business for temporary opportunities