Our client are a well established, profitable and forward thinking food manufacturer, they are looking for an experienced HR manager to join the business. This role will report to the Site Director and sit on the SLT, whilst also having a dotted line into the UK HR Vice President and liaison across all the UK sites to share best HR practice.
The site has around 300 employees at any one time and needs someone who has experience of working in a larger manufacturing business, sporting both salaried and hourly paid workers.
* Supporting the Site Director and working closely with the site Leadership team implement the Group People Plan, gaining buy-in at all levels of the site.
* Support the Site Director and site Leadership team, in the delivery of all aspects of Human Resource Management including employee reward, employee relations, development, resourcing including recruitment and selection on site referring to central policies, procedures and initiatives.
* With the support of the HR VP, Head of HR, Lead the HR Team on site, taking responsibility for individuals Performance Management, 360nfeedback, team development, learning and development needs, coaching and mentoring.
* Responsible for supporting departmental managers with their recruitment and retention of permanent, temporary and agency employees /workers on site including the management of the agencies.
* Oversee any change management initiatives that may exist and ensure appropriate succession planning to meet the future needs of the business.
* Support the implementation and embedding of the Group Learning and Development Plan to ensure cost-effective solutions are utilised to the full extent. Ensure that the site has a training plan, which meets the group’s identified standard.
* Working with the Learning & Development Co-ordinator ensure the appropriate induction and training of employees and workers to meet the safety and skills needs of the business ensuring full audit compliance; also, to include development of the site training budget and training to the plan/budget.
* Work closely with your Site Leadership team, Head of HR, Early Careers and Apprentice lead implementing; apprenticeships, industrial placements, and trainee opportunities.
* Ensure accuracy and consistency of terms and conditions of employment and other associated information for prospective employees. Ensure all legal and or good practice documents are recorded and filed for all employees and documented on the company information system as required.
* Responsible for keeping up to date staff records and organization of accurate and timely payrolls for both employees and temporary workers, liaising with other departments and temporary agency providers as appropriate.
* Support the site management team in the control of costs through head count records, budget awareness.
* Develop and or maintain a department that is respected by all, embed a team culture at site and look for opportunities for engagement within the local community
Skills & Knowledge
* HRM / HR Advisor experience preferably within a manufacturing environment
* PC Literate, with excel, word, PowerPoint skills and competent user of HR systems
* Aptitude and Psychometric Profiling Experience (preferably qualified)
* People management / leadership skills (e.g. counselling skills, coaching, mentoring, training needs analysis)
* Communication skills, verbal and written including presentation skills and report writing
* Degree qualified preferable with good numerical and written skills, CIPD qualified or studying towards.